Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Building forts are the best

What a great day, today, Katie and I built a fort. We used my comforter from my bed and some kitchen chairs. It was big enough for the both of us. When Ethan woke up from his 2 hour nap, he joined in on the fun. Funny story... I kneeled down in the kitchen to do some spot cleaning on the floor and realized that the cabinets were really dirty, then I noticed that the refriderator has scratches at that level, then I saw that dishwasher and oven and doors and door handles were ALL filthy. WOW, I thought the house was messy at my level, but at a 3 and 1 year olds level, much more messy. Luckly, before I got caried away, the kids tackled and we played in the fort. Way more fun. Later we went to swim lessons, I'm trying not to be bitter that I'm driving all the way to Murray for lessons that are teaching my kids to blow bubbles. My mom mentioned to me that she will not be at my run on Saturday. My first 5K. I'm nervous, I always get nervous before I run, but that's begining to fade the better I get. AND I have added mastering in being a coupon mom to my list of things to do on my beautiful sabbatical.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for couponing, running, building forts, cleaning...and just being home! So happy for you and you're 6 weeks off. We miss you already.

    ReplyDelete